I wear contact lenses, sometimes applying eye makep-up is a bit of hassle because I’m worry that it might hurt/irritate my eyes especially the mascara and the eyeliner. Here are some tips that I found quite useful:
1. I read somewhere before that you must apply your make-up first before you wear your contact lenses. This is dead WRONG! It’s not logical at all! You should wear your contact lenses first before you apply your eye make-up because if you don’t, how are you going to put your contact lenses in later with all the mascaras and eyeliners?
2. Apply less make-up to your eyes as it will irritate your eyes.
3. Use eye make-up that is fragrance-free and free from any oil.
4. Use non-oil-based mascara, which is also waterproof. This will prevent any chances of flaking. Oh dear… I just bought of new mascara that I don’t think it’s waterproof… I forgot to check about it before buying.
5. Be sure to replace your old mascara and eye make-up with fresh stock every 6 months. This will help in preventing contamination. Hmmm… I didn’t practice this though This is bad! There’s no way I can replace my eye shadows every 6 month right? I don’t think it includes eye shadows. As for mascara and eyeliner, I’m aware of it.