irenelaw.com – sort of a photoblog header image 2

Tips For Applying Makeup-Up When You Have Contact Lenses

February 5th, 2008 · 7 Comments

I wear contact lenses, sometimes applying eye makep-up is a bit of hassle because I’m worry that it might hurt/irritate my eyes especially the mascara and the eyeliner. Here are some tips that I found quite useful:

1. I read somewhere before that you must apply your make-up first before you wear your contact lenses. This is dead WRONG! It’s not logical at all! You should wear your contact lenses first before you apply your eye make-up because if you don’t, how are you going to put your contact lenses in later with all the mascaras and eyeliners?

2. Apply less make-up to your eyes as it will irritate your eyes.

3. Use eye make-up that is fragrance-free and free from any oil.

4. Use non-oil-based mascara, which is also waterproof. This will prevent any chances of flaking. Oh dear… I just bought of new mascara that I don’t think it’s waterproof… I forgot to check about it before buying.

5. Be sure to replace your old mascara and eye make-up with fresh stock every 6 months. This will help in preventing contamination. Hmmm… I didn’t practice this though :P This is bad! There’s no way I can replace my eye shadows every 6 month right? I don’t think it includes eye shadows. As for mascara and eyeliner, I’m aware of it.

Tags: Beauty · Health · Useful Tips

7 comment so far ↓

• 1 keeyit // Feb 9, 2008 at 12:34 pm

ooh.. now I know.. thanks for the tips

• 2 Irene // Feb 10, 2008 at 12:22 am

:) U’re welcome Keeyit, happy CNY!

• 3 andrea // Feb 12, 2008 at 10:58 pm

A mini correction:
    Mascara and liquid eyeliner only lasts 6 months (or any liquid based makeup like foundation). any further than that, use at your own risk. Powder based cosmetics like eyeshadow, blusher and such can last for years or at least to the point where it doesn’t start smelling or looking weird/freaky. Gel or cream based cosmetics are about 6-12 months. However, gel or cream based makeup for eyes or cheeks is not a good choice if you have oily skin as it will run.

• 4 Irene // Feb 14, 2008 at 11:19 am

Hello andrea, hehehe… Mascara should be replaced every 6 month hehehe… I’m sure not many people do that, including me hahaha… Good thing I don’t use any liquid/gel/cream based makeup except mascara, find them hard to handle.

• 5 andrea // Feb 14, 2008 at 8:29 pm

irene: so understand about the mascara thing. mine is beyond 6 months but i love the mascara and i can’t find it in kuching.

• 6 Irene // Feb 15, 2008 at 12:16 am

Indeed … Besides I don’t use it everyday so it’s impossible for me to finish them in 6 months.

• 7 HighFivez.com: Your Guide Through The Blogosphere. Find Blogs and Blog Posts. // Apr 3, 2008 at 5:49 pm

[...] Tips For Applying Makeup-Up When You Have Contact Lenses [...]